What You will learn
- Introduction to mental health and its Significance
- Overview of various mental health disorders
- Understanding diagnostic systems used for mental health classification
- Exploring the biological foundations of mental health
- Learning about different psychological theories and perspectives
- Techniques and Tools for mental health assessment and Diagnosis
- Evidence-based treatments for mental health disorders
- Promoting recovery and resilience in individuals with mental health challenges
- Ethical and legal considerations in mental health practice
- Cultural and social factors influencing mental health
- Strategies for mental health prevention and promotion
- Self-care practices and Professional Development for mental health professionals
Who should learn Mental Health Level 2?
- Healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, social workers)
- Mental health practitioners (therapists, counselors, psychotherapists)
- Educators (teachers, school counselors, administrators)
- Human resources professionals
- Law enforcement and first responders (police officers, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics)
- Social service providers (community organizations, non-profits, government agencies)
- Parents and caregivers
- Individuals with lived experience of mental health challenges
- Students pursuing degrees or careers in psychology, counseling, social work
- The general public is interested in understanding mental health for personal well-being and reducing stigma.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counseling Psychologist
- Mental Health Counselor
- Social Worker
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- School Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Art Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Occupational Therapist specializing in mental health
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist
- Mental Health Program Coordinator
- Mental Health Researcher
- Crisis Hotline Counselor
- Peer Support Specialist
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor
- Forensic Psychologist
- Geriatric Mental Health Specialist
Course Format & Delivery
The course materials are available online and allow students to access them anytime. They can also log into the course portal to refresh their memory on the course and also make references. Synchronous online tutorial classes are also available at given periods to provide interactive learning for those who learn better from a class-like environment.
This course does not require participants to have a specific entry requirement. Those who are comfortable with Level 2 work can sign up.
Course Duration & Online Support
Duration depends on the learner’s ability to cope with the pace and scope of the course. Self-study allows participants to complete the course at their own pace. Support extensions are also available if students fail to do so within that period.
To successfully complete the course, students must complete various tests and assessments. You may be required to get a link from our Training Provider. Your test will be reviewed and graded by our system. You may attempt only twice.
Get a Completion Certificate.
La Plage Meta Verse is an Accredited CPD Provider. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to gain a Level 2 CPD Accredited Certificate. Share your certificate with prospective employers and your professional network on LinkedIn.